Ceres is marching on and gets ready to enter earth sign Virgo, leaving fun-loving Leo. Ceres is in and out of Virgo for a while to come. What does this have in store for us?
P.S. Make sure you're signed up for the free monthly worksheet so you can keep track of planets like Ceres every month!
What is Ceres in astrology?
Ceres is technically a dwarf planet (like Pluto) but in astrology, we call it an asteroid (as it was before the dwarf planet designation). Ceres is super nurturing, supportive, caring, and there for you. I describe it as a supercharged Moon (maybe mixed with a little Venus).
You can find Ceres in your own chart on astro.com (in Extended Chart Selection, click on Additional Objects, and select Ceres from the menu).
Ceres in Virgo 2022 Dates:
General Impact of Ceres in Virgo:
Virgo is the sign of work, so Ceres in Virgo can be a time for us to get to work, putting our resources to good use, and working to get more resources. We can work on plans with the resources we have, financially, or with what we want to work on soon. We may break down big ideas and plans regarding our resources or finances into smaller ones to make them more achievable.
Virgo rules the details, so we may pay closer attention to our resources, to financial fine print, and to the ways in which we can nourish and support others. We may also pay closer attention to our own needs, and focus on how we can meet them in small ways.
Virgo rules daily life, so we may try to make use of our daily resources, daily financial habits, and our needs in daily life. We can take better care of ourselves and others on a daily basis.
We may feel more nourished by the work we do, and if the work we do drains us, we may look to do new work that supports us better. We can have less patience for work that takes too much and gives nothing back.
Virgo also rules health, so if our needs aren't being met, we may experience more health issues. If we're stressed, this can lead to physical health problems. We need to take care of our emotional needs, and this can help.
Ceres does retrograde partially in Virgo in 2023, so we may feel extra stress, especially about our resources and finances. We may experience extreme lack, and can have lots of worry about health as well. We may need to learn how to be structured, disciplined, deliberate, and precise with our resources and finances.
Ceres in Virgo 2022-23 Aspects:
- Sextile Venus in Scorpio on November 3rd 2022 at 14 degrees & Venus in Cancer May 31st 2023 at 25 degrees: Helpful energy for relationships, dealings with others, supporting those you care about, and being there for others emotionally. This may be stronger with the second hit since Ceres is retrograde for it.
- Sextile the Sun and Mercury in Scorpio on November 8th 2022 at 16 degrees: This can help bring attention to resources and finances, and we can work on plans, come up with new ideas, and get creative. We can meet our needs, and feel heard.
- Trine Uranus in Taurus on November 9th 2022 at 16 degrees: We can make beneficial changes to improve the resources we have, improve financial situations, or meet our needs. We can be more concerned with the welfare of all, and want to have a broader impact.
- Square Mars Retrograde in Gemini on November 22nd 2022 at 21 degrees: This may be the roughest period during Ceres in Virgo, and we may struggle with having our needs met, lack resources, or burn through them, and this can make us much more frustrated. If we feel unsupported, we can lash out in a big way. Watch for potential resources being destroyed or money squandered on something.
- Opposite Neptune in Pisces on November 25th 2022 at 22 degrees & April 10th 2023 at 26 degrees & June 10th 2023 at 27 degrees: Coming with the Mars retrograde aspect for the first hit, this can make it so we have difficulty figuring out our next steps, and we may be extra vulnerable and easily manipulated. We need to maintain solid boundaries, but also not lose our compassion and empathy. Balance them. The second hit comes with Ceres retrograde, and this may be extra troublesome and require extra effort. The third hit may be the culmination, and issues may begin with the first hit, reach a height with the second hit, and come to a resolution with the third hit. Lots of foggy energy from late November 2022 to mid June 2023.
- Square Mercury in Sagittarius on December 3rd 2022 at 25 degrees: We may struggle to express what we need, to be vocal about our support, or to come up with ideas and plans for resources. There may be bad news.
- Square Venus in Sagittarius on December 7th 2022 at 26 degrees & Venus in Gemini on May 1st 2023: We may struggle with helping others, and may feel unsupported in our relationships. There can be money issues, and the resources we thought we had may be gone. This can be stronger with the second hit since Ceres will be retrograde for it.
- Trine Pluto in Capricorn on December 8th 2022 at 26 degrees & March 22nd 2023 at 29 degrees: We can work to transform, to breathe new life into stale areas, and this can reveal new resources we had missed, new ways to meet our needs, and help us find solutions to issues that have been standing in the way of our nourishment. This is with the first hit. The second hit with Ceres retrograde may be challenging with the two anaretic, and we have to work on those problems directly, and make use of energy in a productive way.
- Trine Venus in Taurus on April 8th 2023 at 26 degrees: This occurs with Ceres retrograde, so we may have good energy for dealing with others and in our relationships, and we may go about showing support and being helpful in new, different ways.
- Sextile Mars in Cancer on May 9th 2023 at 23 degrees: This can bring helpful energy to manage resources, increase or improve them, and manage money. We can feel driven to meet our needs, and help others.
- Trine the Sun in Taurus on May 14th 2023 at 24 degrees: This can help shine a light on our needs, resources, and how to make improvements. We can feel more at ease and take care of ourselves.
- Conjunct Mercury in Virgo on June 9th 2023 at 27 degrees: The final aspect for Ceres in Virgo may be one that brings some clarity, needed ideas or plans, or news that we've been missing. We may speak up about what we've been missing, and we can take small steps to rectify.
We need to be super mindful in the second half of November with the Mars retrograde and Neptune aspects! Have solid boundaries, along with some healthy outlets, and a little extra patience. The opposition to Neptune lasts, and may come with lots of foggy energy that makes it difficult to discern what to do, and we have to be more practical, tether to reality, but also have a gentle hand with others and ourselves.
Suggested Reading: Transit Ceres in the Houses