Ceres is going to exit Libra, where it's been in and out since December 2022, and finally move in Scorpio. What does this transit bring?
P.S. Make sure you're signed up for the free monthly worksheet to keep track of Ceres and the other planets every month!
What is Ceres in astrology?
Ceres is technically a dwarf planet (like Pluto) but in astrology, we call it an asteroid (as it was before the dwarf planet designation). Ceres is super nurturing, supportive, caring, and there for you. I describe it as a supercharged Moon (maybe mixed with a little Venus).
You can find Ceres in your own chart on astro.com (in Extended Chart Selection, click on Additional Objects, and select Ceres from the menu).
Ceres in Scorpio 2023 Dates:
General Impact of Ceres in Scorpio:
Ceres is finally getting out of Virgo and Libra, two signs it's been touring since September 2022, so almost one full year in these two signs. This is because Ceres was retrograde (appearing to move backward) February to May 2023 in these signs, so it got an extended stay. Moving into Scorpio is going to feel different, and we can welcome that.
Scorpio is an intense, emotional water sign though, so we can take our resources and finances seriously. We can share more of the resources and money we have with others, wanting to feel more connected. We can show our support for other people by sharing what we have in some way, and this can strengthen our emotional bonds with them.
We may do research to figure out how to better use resources, how to better share with others, and how to increase abundance in our lives. We can get to the heart of matters, and this helps us feel we're more in control.
This can be a time to nurture and nourish the power we have, and we can work on strengthening our will. We can be more powerful with how we show support, and we can take control of our resources and finances.
We may need to undergo some sort of transformation with how we use our resources, how we get more resources, our approach to money, how we give support, and how we nourish and nurture. Any old issues that we've tucked away deep inside can come out now, and we have to learn how to deal with it properly this time so it doesn't become a problem again.
If we don't feel we have adequate support, we may feel like we don't have enough of anything in our lives, so we have to work on improving this as best as we can. The better we're supported, the more we can create something from very little.
We can be passionate about our resources and about becoming more resourceful. We can also be more passionate about the bonds we have with others emotionally and physically, and sex and sexuality can be both nurtured and a source of nourishment.
Ceres in Scorpio 2023 Aspects:
- Trine Saturn in Pisces on September 20th 2023 at 2 degrees: This aspects helps with discipline and focus, and we can give support and nourishment in disciplined ways. We can be responsible with our resources and finances, and can make long-term plans. This can also show some rewards for hard and smart work financially or with a resource.
- Opposite Jupiter in Taurus on October 16th 2023 at 12 degrees: Jupiter is the planet of expansion, and oppositions are out of control, so we may experience some serious excess and indulgence with this aspect. Windfalls may be bigger than expected, and we may lack focus and discipline with money or resources, and feel quite lazy.
- Sextile Venus in Virgo on October 27th 2023 at 17 degrees: It can be easier to get and give support with others, and this can help with feeling more grounded and secure. There can be great focus on nurturing your connections with others, making sure they're as healthy as possible, and feeling nourished by them.
- Conjunct Mercury in Scorpio on November 4th 2023 at 21 degrees: This aspect highlights the mind, and we can come up with plenty of new ideas, new plans, and have new conversations around how we can improve our resources and finances. We can voice more support for others, and come up with plans for being more resourceful.
- Opposite Uranus in Taurus on November 5th 2023 at 21 degrees: This is the most challenging aspect during Ceres in Scorpio, and we may have a hard time controlling impulsive behavior. We need to channel the extra energy productively, and work on getting unstuck with resources or support. We can make big changes that help us progress forward more quickly, but this may be a bit unsettling initially.
- Trine Neptune in Pisces on November 13th 2023 at 25 degrees: Neptune is the planet of compassion and empathy, so a beneficial aspect with Ceres means we're extra compassionate and empathetic. We can do everything we can to show support and help others, including using our own resources. This is easy for us to do, and we can feel empowered from it.
- Conjunct the Sun in Scorpio on November 20th 2023 at 28 degrees, Conjunct Mars in Scorpio on November 21st 2023 at 28 degrees, and Sextile Pluto in Capricorn on November 21st 2023 at 28 degrees: The conjunction to the Sun comes with the conjunction to Mars the day after as the Sun, Mars, and Ceres are grouped together and at a positive angle to Pluto. This is extremely powerful, beneficial energy, and the Sun, Mars, and Ceres together bring major energy and drive to utilize our resources, get new resources, and to get and give support. We can be in a big mood to share, and enjoy focusing on expanding our power and control. The sextile to Pluto by all three planets helps with the Scorpio energy (since Pluto is the natural ruler of Scorpio), and we can be more in control and willing to transform. Something important and powerful can happen around this time that is widely beneficial.
This tour of Ceres in Scorpio is a lot nicer than it's been for Ceres in the last year! There's really just aspect to watch out for (opposite Uranus) and the rest is fairly smooth. And it's especially beneficial toward the end with Ceres in a stellium with the Sun and Mars, and all three at a beneficial angle to Pluto. How empowering!
Suggested Reading: Transit Ceres in the Houses & Transit Ceres Aspects