Ceres moves from earthy Virgo to airy Libra in 11 days, and will be in and out of Libra for a while. What does this have in store for us?
Make sure to sign up for the free monthly worksheet to keep track of Ceres every month!
What is Ceres in astrology?
Ceres is technically a dwarf planet (like Pluto) but in astrology, we call it an asteroid (as it was before the dwarf planet designation). Ceres is super nurturing, supportive, caring, and there for you. I describe it as a supercharged Moon (maybe mixed with a little Venus).
You can find Ceres in your own chart on astro.com (in Extended Chart Selection, click on Additional Objects, and select Ceres from the menu).
Ceres in Libra 2022-2023 Dates:
General Impact of Ceres in Libra:
Ceres can work well in the sign of Libra since Libra is the sign ruling others and relationships, and Ceres is a very supportive, nurturing planet. Ceres in Libra helps us to connect more with others, to nurture the relationships and partnerships in your lives, and to feel more supported in return.
Peace and harmony can be more important, and without peace and harmony, we can feel unsupported and that we lack what we really need. Compromises can be big, and can lead the way out of trouble.
Balance can also be important, and having balance in our lives can make us feel more secure and emotionally stable. We can give more attention to what we;ve been ignoring, and bring that balance into our lives.
The start of this transit is a bit wonky though, as Jupiter moves into opposing Aries just after Ceres enters Libra, and they form a cardinal t-square as they square (hard aspect, 3 signs away) Pluto in Capricorn, and this lasts until March.
This adds extra energy to the mix, and we may fight over support and resources. The missing sign is Cancer, the sign of emotion, home, and family, so we need to be more mindful of emotional needs, treat others kindly, and remember to compromise.
The difficulty increases with Ceres retrograde (appearing to move backward) starting on February 3rd 2023 in Libra, and lasts in Libra until March 22nd. Ceres retrograde in Libra makes resources and support very difficult to get or give, and we may find that others are being stingy, or we're insecure about sharing.
Issues around lack, sharing, and support likely need to be addressed, otherwise our relationships, partnerships, and alliances can suffer.
Ceres leaves Libra and retrogrades in Virgo, so it comes back to Libra for a few months after that, and the final leg can help us get back on track in our relationships, use resources well, and find a way to come together.
Ceres in Libra 2022-23 Aspects:
- Square Sun in Capricorn on December 22nd 2022 at 1 degree: The Sun shines a light, so more attention can be paid to areas of lack, where resources are missing or not being used well, or how we're not being as supportive or getting as much support as we need.
- Trine Venus in Aquarius January 6th 2023 at 3 degrees: Venus is the natural ruler of Libra, so this helps with our connections. We can be extra supportive and encouraging of the people we care about, and work to improve our relationships with relative ease.
- Trine Sun in Aquarius on January 26th 2023 at 6 degrees: This helps shine a light where resources are being used well, or on a way to use resources better. We can feel more supported, and more secure.
- Opposite Jupiter in Aries on February 5th 2023 at 6 degrees: This is a big one since Ceres retrograde begins two days before opposite Jupiter, so it's very strong at the onset of Ceres retrograde. Jupiter is the planet of expansion, so in opposition to Ceres, we may find that we either have too much, an excess (and it's not being used well), or we don't have enough and there's extreme lack (abundant lack). We may be depriving others or ourselves of something that is actually important. We need to be mindful of purposeful cruelty.
- Trine Mercury in Aquarius on February 15th 2023 at 6 degrees: This can help with communication, ideas, and plans, and we can focus on resources, finances, and nurturing energy in a positive way.
- Opposite Mercury in Aries on March 19th at 0 degrees: This can be a challenging aspect as Ceres is still retrograde, and communication may be difficult. We may get bad news, lack information we need, and make poor decisions. This is amplified by the fact that both planets are at the 0 degrees Aries Point, a special position of higher energy. There can be some struggle over the self versus others in some way, and we have to avoid a zero-sum game.
- Opposite Sun in Aries on March 20th 2023 at 0 degrees: This adds to the previous aspect, coming the day after and also at the 0 degrees Aries Point. It seems like there will be some sort of important decision and action around this time impacting resources, finances, or support.
- Square Mercury in Cancer on June 27th 2023 at 1 degree: Ceres is no longer retrograde now, but there may still be some challenges with communication, ideas, and plans. We need to open up our minds.
- Sextile Mercury in Leo on July 13th 2023 at 6 degrees: This brings better energy for communication and ideas, and we can focus on ideas to improve or increase support and make use of resources.
- Sextile Sun in Leo on August 7th 2023 at 14 degrees: Helpful attention can be brought to support, resources, finances, and we can feel more comfortable, secure, and stable.
- Sextile Venus Retrograde on August 16th 2023 at 18 degrees: This time, Venus is retrograde, but with a beneficial aspect, this can help us find new, different ways and approaches to improving support, making use of resources, or having better finances.
- Square Pluto in Capricorn on September 10th 2023 at 28 degrees: The final aspect is challenging one, and we may feel like fighting over power and control of resources, finances, and support. Compromise becomes important, though it may be difficult to embrace.
This tour is very interesting! We need to be extra mindful of the cardinal t-square at the start, the opposition to Jupiter at the retrograde, and the square to Pluto to end the transit. We're being challenged to put our money where our mouth is, to show support in more tangible ways, and to consider others, not just ourselves.
Suggested Reading: Transit Ceres in the Houses and Transit Ceres Aspects
Comments are closed.