Aspects Between the Natal Sun & Moon
The aspect the natal Sun and Moon make is crucial. It shows how well your ego (Sun) and emotions (Moon) work together. Some say this is the most important aspect in your chart. So you definitely want to pay attention to it!
Natal Sun & Moon Aspects
In a conjunction (less than 10 degrees apart), you're usually someone who has no problem showing their emotional state, and sometimes you can be almost too emotional. A conjunction shows you were born on a New Moon, and this can make you a more dynamic personality.
In a sextile (60 degrees) or trine (120 degrees), your Sun and Moon work well together, understanding one another well. Sextiles and trines are the easy, beneficial major aspects, so when you have this, it's very nice! A semisextile (30 degrees) tends to be mostly beneficial, but you'll need to learn to adapt to situations or suffer from vacillation.
In a square (90 degrees), opposition (180 degrees), semisquare (45 degrees), sesquiquadrate (135 degrees), and quincunx (150 degrees), these are the hard aspects, so the planets don't work together as well, and there's usually internal conflict for the person since they're usually at war with themselves inside.
If you were born with them opposite, that also means you were born on a Full Moon, and this can make you at the mercy of your emotional ebbs and flows sometimes.
In the lesser-known minor aspects:
- quintiles (18 degrees, 36 degrees, 72 degrees, 108 degrees, 144 degrees) tend to show you present yourself best creatively
- septiles (51 degrees, 102 degrees, 154 degrees) have a little more friction, so they can show how you are inspired
- noviles (40 degrees, 80 degrees, 160 degrees) tend to be positive, light, but needing some more courage
- undecims/undeciles (32 degrees, 65 degrees, 98 degrees, 130 degrees, 163 degrees) tend to show someone who engages in fantasy, is socially conscious, and feels there's something missing
- a squine (105 degrees) is halfway between a square and a trine, and shows someone who lets blocks lead to laziness or laziness lead to blocks and holds themselves back
- a quindecile (165 degrees) shows someone who is incredibly disruptive to themselves (check out the 164 Degree Aspect article for more on quindeciles and an undecim)
Am I screwed if my Sun and Moon are at a hard angle?
If you have your Sun and Moon at difficult aspect to one another, that doesn't mean you're screwed for life. You can use midpoints to help rectify any difficult aspect between two planets.
A midpoint is literally the exact middle of two points. In astrology, it shows how you can mesh the energy of those two points together to get them working harmoniously.
If you have your Sun and Moon at difficult aspect, just check out your Sun-Moon midpoint. The sign it's in, the house it falls in, and any planets on it will help you to see how you can make the best of a difficult aspect. Astrology always offers a way out!
Suggested Reading: Born on a New Moon, Full Moon, or Eclipse
Comments are closed.