The progressed chart adds one day to your date of birth for every year you've been alive to create a new chart that reflects your maturation and growth with age. We all change as we get older, and the progressed chart reflects that with its moving positions.
You can use the progressed chart as a part of predictive astrology, and compare the movement that's occurring in the progressed chart to your natal chart. One of the things you can look at is if the progressed angles (the 1st, 4th, 7th, and 10th house cusps) will be making an aspect to any of your natal planets.
The Progressed 1st-7th House Axis Aspecting Natal Planets:
House cusps come in pairs with each having an exact opposite house, and the 1st and 7th house cusps are exactly opposite one another, so you can interpret them together.
This axis is the axis of relationships, governing your connection to the self (1st house) and to others (7th house). So when they're making an aspect to your natal planets, that aspect impacts your connections with the self and with others.
A sextile/trine (the easy aspects; they go hand-in-hand so if a natal planet is sextile one house cusp, it's trine the other) can show a positive period for your relationships and connections:
- the Sun grabs your attention and shines a light
- the Moon brings emotional focus and emotional connection
- Mercury focuses on mental connections and communications
- Venus makes interactions pleasant and affection more easily expressed
= Mars brings energy and drive to focus on the self and others
- Jupiter helps improve connections and can bring beneficial relations
- Saturn increases responsibility, stability, and commitment
- Uranus helps you make changes with the self or in relationships and bring new/different people in your life
- Neptune improves soul connections
- Pluto improves intimacy and promotes growth through connecting
A square (hard aspect; when a natal planet is square one cusp they're also square the opposite cusp) can show a difficult period with challenges in your connection to the self and others. Balance is often required, balancing your focus on the self with focus on others and addressing your own wants/needs with the wants/needs of others.
Often with a square, one ends up taking focus and the other is ignored, and:
- this can seem more obvious to you with the Sun
- create emotional disruption and insecurity with the Moon
- present communication problems and misunderstandings with Mercury
- make affection difficult and grow more of a chasm between the self and others with Venus
- increase frustration and annoyance with the self/others with Mars
- expand on existing challenges with Jupiter
- create feelings of restriction/limitation and suffocation or overwhelm with Saturn
- create instability and erratic behavior with Uranus
- increase delusion, illusion, deception, victimization, or subconscious widen chasms with Neptune
- increase resentment, hostility, manipulation, and struggles over power and control with Pluto
The Progressed 4th-10th House Axis Aspecting Natal Planets:
The 4th and 10th house axis is the axis of foundation, governing your internal foundation and emotional/personal self (4th house) and your external foundation and goals/ambitions/external self (10th house. So when they're making an aspect to your natal planets, that aspect impacts your internal and external foundation/self.
A sextile/trine can show a positive period for the foundation of your life and self:
- the Sun shines a light
- the Moon brings emotional focus on internal and external needs being met
- Mercury focuses on personal and professional ideas/plans
- Venus brings pleasant energy for balancing the internal and external
- Mars brings energy and drive to focus on your foundation and needs
- Jupiter helps open opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Saturn increases focus on stability and security
- Uranus opens you up to changes personally/professionally or to taking different approaches to meeting internal/external needs
- Neptune strengthens emotional intuition as well as provides intuitive guidance for your life path
- Pluto gives more power and control over your foundation
A square can show a difficult period with challenges that can make your foundation feel shaky, and you may focus too much on the personal/emotional/internal or too much on the external/professional/goals.
Balance is often required with the square, balancing the internal with the external, the personal with the professional, where you've come from with where you're going:
- this can seem more obvious with the Sun
- create emotional insecurity with the Moon and shake you at your core
- present difficulties in communication with Mercury
- shake relationship foundations with Venus
- stir up frustrations and impulsiveness with Mars
- expand on existing issues with Jupiter
- make you feel stifled, overwhelmed, and like you're being pushed down/held back with Saturn
- generate sudden/unexpected issues with your foundation with Uranus
- make it difficult for you to see through the fog to have internal confidence or confidence in your direction with Neptune
- can stir up difficult deeply-held issues with Pluto that impact both your emotional and professional selves
Conjunctions/oppositions go hand-in-hand (if a natal planet is conjunct one progressed house cusp, it's opposite the other), and show the natal planet has been moved into a new progressed house.
This can be interpreted similarly to if that planet was in that house natally as if becomes more natural for you, but with an element of if it were there by transit since it can stimulate developments related to the house (especially at the onset while still conjunct the progressed house cusp).
Suggested Reading: Important Points in a Progressed Chart
Saturn Square Uranus 2021
Jupiter Square Uranus 2021
April 2021 New & Full Moons
March 2021 New & Full Moons
Black Moon Lilith in Taurus: October 2020 - July 2021
White Moon Selena in Sagittarius: December 2020 - July 2021
Ceres in Aries: February - May 2021
Jupiter in Pisces: May - July 2021, December 2021 - May 2022, & October - December 2022
Jupiter in Aquarius: December 2020 - May 2021, July - December 2021
Saturn in Aquarius: March - July 2020, December 2020 - March 2023
Uranus in Taurus: May - November 2018, March 2019 - July 2025, November 2025 - April 2026